This darling, oversized clutch is the perfect way to showcase a beautiful piece of lace or a unique fabric, with the flap and turn lock being the centrepiece for all to admire.
The Statement Clutch comes in three sizes (small, medium and large), enabling you to make a clutch to suit any and every occasion. It has a simple turn lock closure to keep your belongings safely tucked away inside, and a nicely sized slip pocket inside for your smart phone or keys.
Wary of turn locks? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern detailed and comprehensive instructions and photos are included to make installing the turn lock an easy and stress-free experience.
Difficulty: Basic / Intermediate
Designer: Lisa Ratford / Andrie Designs
SMALL - 11″ (28cm) x 6-1/2″ (16cm) (Length of wrist strap 5-1/2″ (14cm))
MEDIUM - 12″ (30cm) x 7-1/4″ (18cm) (Length of wrist strap 5-1/2″ (14cm))
LARGE - 13″ (33cm) x 8″ (20cm) (Length of wrist strap 5-1/2″ (14cm))
- Fabric for the outer of your clutch - ¼ yard (0.25m)
- Fabric for the lining - ¼ yard (0.25m)|
- Piece of lace or similar for the flap overlay - 14” x 9” (36cm x 23cm)
- Light-medium weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) - 5/8yd (0.6m) (based on a 20” (50cm) width)
- Medium-heavy weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Pellon 808, Formfuse 1600) - ½yd (0.5m) (based on a 40” (101cm) width)
- By Annie’s Soft and Stable OR Fusible fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) - ½yd (0.5m)
- Firm fusible stabilizer for turn lock tab (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F) - 3” x 5” (8cm x 13cm)
- Turn Lock x 1 (larger size is best)
- D-Ring x 1 for optional wrist strap - ¾” (19mm) size
- Swivel hook x 1 for optional wrist strap – 5/8” (16mm size)
- Fabric tape or glue
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies.