The Mountain Saddle Bags will make up nicely in quilting cottons or tweed. They can be made in 2 sizes and feature a nicely shaped side gusset, a front flap with press lock closure, an adjustable shoulder strap, and an internal zipper pocket. The Decovil Light and foam stabilizer add nice structure to the bag and create a very professional finish.
Cutting instructions provided for rotary cutter, ruler and mat to cut rectangular fabric pieces. There are pattern templates provided for rounded pieces. Pattern instructions are in both imperial & metric.
Designer: Janelle MacKay / Emmaline Bags
Mini: Width - 9 1/2” (24 cm) Height - 7 1/2” (19 cm) Depth at base - 3 1/4” (8.25 cm)
Tall: Width - 9 1/2” (24 cm) Height - 9 1/2” (24 cm) Depth at base - 3 1/4” (8.25 cm)
- 1/2 yd./0.5 m Exterior Fabric - (quilting cotton, canvas linen, décor cotton, or a light tweed like ‘Harris Tweed’)
- 1/4 yd./0.25 m Exterior Accent - (quilting cotton, canvas linen, light-weight vinyl faux leather, cork fabric)
- 3/4 yd./0.75 m Lining Fabric - (quilting cotton or similar lightweight woven fabric)
- 2 1/2 yd./2.5 m* Fusible Interfacing (20” wide) - Light-med weight fusible woven - Pellon Shapeflex SF101, or Vilene medium Gygli. (*NOTE: Only 1 1/4 yd./1.25 m is required if using Gygli, because it is 35” wide.) Additional interfacing may be needed if you are using a fabric that frays, like tweed, for the Exterior.
- 1 yd./1 m Decovil Light (17” wide) - fusible stabilizer (Can be substituted with fusible woven interfacing for a softer feel, or if it is hard to source in your area.)
- 1/2 yd./0.5 m Sew-In Foam Stabilizer (56” wide) - (By Annie’s Soft and Stable, or Pellon Flex Foam)
- (1) 9” (23 cm) Zipper for the lining zipper pocket (#3 nylon all-purpose zipper, 1” wide, non-separating) - You can buy a longer zipper, or 9” (23 cm) of #3 zipper by the yard if preferred because it will be trimmed down.
- (1) 3/4” (18 mm) Strap Slider
- (2) 3/4” (18 mm) Rectangular Rings
- (1) Small (Baby) Press Lock – (A larger size can be substituted)