The Aspen Crossbody Bag can be made in 2 sizes and features 1 front zipper pocket, and 2 convenient back slip pockets. It has a top zipper opening to keep all of your items safe inside. Inside is a double slip pocket and a zipper pocket for personal items. While this bag has a nice feel in your hand due to the added interfacing and fusible Thermolam Plus Fleece, it’s not a heavily structured bag, but a casual crossbody bag.
Cutting instructions provided for rotary cutter, ruler and mat to cut
rectangular fabric pieces. There are no pattern templates needed or provided! Pattern instructions are in both imperial & metric.
Designer: Janelle MacKay / Emmaline Bags
Small Size : Width at bottom - 9” (23 cm) Width at top - 10” (25 cm) Height - 10” (25 cm) Depth - 3” (7.5 cm)
Large Size: Width at bottom -10 1/2” (27 cm) Width at top - 11 1/2” (28 cm) Height - 11 1/2” (28 cm) Depth - 3 1/2” (9 cm)
- 3/4 yd./0.75 m Exterior Fabric (waxed canvas, canvas/duck, décor cotton, lightweight vinyl faux leather, quilting cotton, canvas linen) (NOTE: If you want to cut the strap, and top/bottom bands from accent fabric, and the front/back pockets from another, 1/2 yard (0.5 m) of each is recommended.)
- 1 yd./1 m Lining Fabric (quilting cotton or similar lightweight woven fabric)
- 3.5 yd./3.5 m* Fusible Interfacing (20” wide) - Light-med weight fusible woven - Pellon Shapeflex SF101, or Vilene G700. (*NOTE: Only 1 3/4 yd./1.75 m is required if G700, because it is 35” wide. Less is required if not interfacing a waxed canvas or light-medium canvas exterior.)
- 1/2 yd./0.5 m* Pellon Thermolam Plus Fusible Fleece TP971 (46” wide) (*NOTE: Not required if using waxed canvas, or canvas/duck, and optional if using vinyl faux leather for the exterior fabric.)
- Optional to add a firmer base: Pellon Peltex 71F (one side fusible) or Decovil Light - 3” x 11” (7.6 cm x 27.5 cm)
- (1) 16” (40 cm) & (1) 9” (22 cm) Zippers for exterior top opening & front zipper pocket (#4.5 or #5 nylon bag zipper, 1 1/4” wide, non-separating) - You can buy a longer zipper or zipper by the yard, because it will be trimmed down.
- (1) 9” (23 cm) Zipper for the lining zipper pocket (#3 nylon all-purpose zipper, 1” wide, non-separating) - You can buy a longer zipper, or #3 zipper by the yard if preferred because it will be trimmed down.
- (2) 1” (25 mm) Swivel Snap Hooks
- (1) 1” (25 mm) Strap Slider
- (2) 1” (25 mm) D-rings or (2) 1” (25 mm) Triangle Rings
- Optional hardware items: Rivets & (2) 1” (25 mm) Metal Strap Ends