The Peekaboo Purse features a pieced flap, designed to show off a favourite fabric, and a delicately curved body complete with a perfectly sized gusset.
It has a simple magnetic snap closure, an inner zipper pocket and a single shoulder strap attached with gorgeous little ¾”(19mm) hardware.
Wary of zippers? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and diagrams to make adding the zipper an easy and stress-free experience.
Difficulty: Basic / Intermediate
Designer: Lisa Ratford / Andrie Designs
Size: Width 8” (20cm) x Height 6” (15cm) x Depth 2″ (5cm)
- Fabric for the feature panel on the flap and the lining (i.e. quilting cotton) - 1/4yd (23cm)
- Fabric for the remaining flap panels and inner zipper pocket (i.e. quilting cotton) - 1/4yd (23cm)
- Fabric for the outer body, strap and strap connectors (i.e. quilting cotton) - 1/4yd (23cm)
- By Annie’s Soft and Stable Foam Interfacing (or equivalent foam) OR Fusible Fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) - 30” x 12” (76cm x 30cm)
- Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) - 5/8yd (58cm) based on a 40” (100cm) width
- Firm Fusible Stabiliser (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F) - 1½” x 3” (3.8cm x 7.6cm)
- 1 magnetic snap - ¾” (18mm) size
- 2 rectangular rings - ¾” (18m) size
- 1 coordinating dress zipper - 5” (12.5cm) length
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies including fabric tape/glue.