The Chelsea bag has a beautiful shape and features a double closure, a button and loop at the sides and a flap with a magnetic clip. Unbutton the sides and the bag expands to a large tote. On the inside there are 2 pockets including a secure zipper pocket.
Pattern includes full size pattern pieces with step by step instructions and photos.
Designer: Monica Poole Designs - Pattern Poole
Size: 30 cm (12”) high and 40 cm (16”) wide
Suitable Fabric: Woven Cotton, linen, cotton/linen, cork, vinyl
Pattern Requirements: (Based on 112 cm (42") wide medium weight cotton and or linen fabrics)
- Exterior Print Fabric: 40 cm
- Plain exterior contrast fabric (Straps, sides and flap): 70 cm
- Lining Fabric: 80 cm
- Non fusible foam interfacing: 40 cm x 145 cm (Soft and Stable, Bosal In-R-Form or Matildas Own Sew-in Foam)
- Light fusible woven interfacing for inner pockets, flap and straps: 50 cm
- 25 cm dress zipper for the inner pocket.
- 14 mm (3/4”) magnetic clip
- 14 mm (3/4”) button with a shank for the side closure.
- 35 mm (1 ½”) decorative button for the flap.
- 12. 5 cm x 30 cm rectangle of template plastic for the bag base.
- Tracing paper to trace the pattern