An easy to follow sewing pattern to create your very own Made For Me Sewing Machine Cover. This pattern comes with full instructions to create both a custom fit machine cover and a standard fit cover, with tips on finishing edges with bias, adding a pocket on the back for your extension table, AND creating cut outs for those pesky power cords. You’ll be admiring your beautiful new machine cover in no time!
PLEASE NOTE: The paper pieced sewing machine block shown in the cover photo is by Kristy Lea from Quiet Play and can be found here. It is NOT INCLUDED in this pattern.
Designer: Lisa Ratford / Andrie Designs
Width -19” (48cm) x Height - 12″ (30cm) x Depth - 8″ (20cm)
or customise it to fit you machine
- Fabric for the outer and lining of your machine cover (i.e. quilting cotton) - 1yd (91cm) of each
- Fabric for the bias strips, straight strips and piping (i.e. quilting cotton) - 1/2yd (46cm)
- Light-medium weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) - 1yd (91cm) based on a 40” (100cm) width
- Fusible fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) - 1yd (91cm)
- Cotton cording - 3/32” size (2.5mm size)/size 00, 2yds (1.8m) long (or 2yds/1.8m premade piping)
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies.