Insul~Bright is a needle-punched, insulated material ideal for crafters. Pot holders, oven mitts and casserole covers are all ideal projects made functional and safe with Insul-Bright.
It consists of polyester fibers, needle-punched through a reflective metalized polyester film. The needled material is breathable and won't break down with washing. The polyester fibers resist conduction while the reflective metalized polyester film reflects radiant energy, hot or cold, back to its source.
Insul~Bright is not recommended for microwave use. Insul~Bright can be used in clothing but is a little noisy as the film crinkles when moved. This noise is very attractive to both babies and animals, as they like to scrunch it up in soft books and toys.
Pre-Wash & Care Instructions
Note that this step is optional. You will experience no shrinking.
- Hand Wash mild detergent. Do not agitate or spin in washer.
- Soak for 20 minutes, rinse several times.
- Squeeze out water. DO NOT WRING. Rolling in a towel helps.
- Dry in a warm dryer or lay flat to air dry.
- If needed, iron on a polyester setting.