An easy to follow sewing pattern to create your very own ‘Goin’ Uptown Tote‘. This large sized tote bag is just perfect to show off your favourite fabric – as well as carrying all the essentials you may need for a trip uptown! It features an outer zipper pocket on both the front and back, giving you quick and easy access to frequently used items such as your mobile phone and keys. It has a recessed zipper to close, ensuring all your goodies stay tucked safely inside the bag, and an inner zipper pocket also for added storage. The piping added around the sides and top of the bag are definitely a favourite feature – helping any fabric you use POP and stand out.
This bag would also make a fantastic diaper/nappy bag, holding up to 8 modern cloth nappies (all-in-ones), 2 wet bags, a change mat and baby wipes!
Designer: Lisa Ratford / Andrie Designs
Size: Width at base – 15” (38cm), Height – 11” (28cm), Depth at base – 4” (10cm), Strap drop – 10” (25cm)
- Fabric (i.e. quilting cotton) as follows: Outer and handles – 3/4yd (0.75m), Lining – 1/2yd (0.5m), Piping – 1/2yd (0.5m)
- Light-medium weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) (based on a 40” (100cm) width) – 3/4yd (0.75m)
- Fusible fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – 1/2yd (0.5m)
- Peltex #71F – 17¾” x 4” (45cm x 10cm)
- Rectangular rings x 4 – 1” (2.5cm) size
- Cotton cording – 5/32” (4.5mm) size/size 2, 3yds (3m) long (or 3yds/3m of premade piping)
- 1 x Coordinating dress/all purpose zipper 7” (18cm)
- 2 x Coordinating dress/all purpose zipper 6” (15cm)
- 1 x Coordinating #5 nylon open end zipper 16” (40cm)
- Fabric glue/wash away fabric tape (optional but helps)
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies including a heavy duty needle (Universal size 12 or 14).