This 8-lesson sewing workshop will take you through the process of sewing quilt blocks using Foundation Paper Piecing (FPP). FPP is a technique that allows for very accurate patchwork piecing, which is especially useful for piecing unusual or awkward shapes and achieving crisp, clean lines.
Over the 8 weeks you will work you way through 8 paper pieced blocks designed by Lynne Goldsworthy and 1 bonus block designed by our very own Michelle Long. These 9 blocks can then be sewn together to make a small lap quilt or additional blocks can be made for a larger quilt.
When: Classes runs every 3rd Saturday of the month (except April) 1.30 - 4.30pm
Proposed dates for 2018 are:
- 8 x 3 hr lessons (24 hrs total)
- Tea/coffee and morning tea will be provided as part of each class.
- Tea/coffee and biscuits will be provided as part of each class.
Further Requirements (not included in class cost):
- 1m of background fabric
- A selection of fabrics (at least 10 different ones) a minimum of fat 1/8th (25cm x 50cm) size
- Further fabric will be required for finishing the quilt but that will be discussed during the lessons.
- A sewing machine in good working condition
- General sewing supplies (i.e. thread, scissors, needles, ¼ inch foot for sewing machine)
- Pencil (preferably 2B)
- Rotary cutter, ruler and cutting mat
Teacher: Michelle Long
Class size: There is a maximum of 6 students for this class for optimal teacher/student interaction.