These easy-fitting pants have a fly front, hip pockets and an optional jet pocket on the back. They can be made in a wide range of fabrics, from summer linens to winter woollens. They can be dressed up for work or made as slouchy weekend wear.
The waist has a generous ease, the semi-wide leg flatters a range of figure types and the simple styling is designed to be tweaked for fit and design alteration.
These are the base pants used in the book The Savvy Seamstress. In the book, Nicole shows you how to change or remove the pockets and how to change the fly front for a discreet invisible zipper on the side or back, and even how to remove the waistband and replace it with a facing.
Designer: Nicole Mallalieu (You Sew Girl)
Size: 6-14 and 12-20
Suitable Fabric: woven (quilting cotton, linen, denim, gabardine etc.)
- Medium-weight fabric - 2 x waist to ankle length
- 40cm light fabric for pockets
- Medium Interfacing - waist circumference pls 10cm (wasitband interfacing to be cut parallel to selvedge)
- Matching thread
- 1 x button/trouser hook/snap-press for waistband
- 1 x 10-12mm button for back pocket
- 15-18cm zipper
- 6mm (1/4") wonder tape
- zipper foot
- tailors awl
- fabric marker or chalk
- pressing cloth
- clear sticky tape
- hera or disappearing marker pen